cppnewclassdlg patch for better namespace support

Tilman Vogel Tilman.Vogel at web.de
Thu Oct 9 00:02:07 UTC 2003

Hi!

[I've already sent this patch and message to Alexander Dymo, because I
didn't read before that patches should be submitted to this list...
Sorry for that! Thanks to Bernd Gehrmann for forwarding my other patch
which I sent to him!]

Thanks for your great work on kdevelop!

I don't know if I address things that already have been implemented.
At least on CVS I didn't find something like that.

As I want to start working with kdevelop and I plan on using namespaces
I added some things to cppnewclassdlg for improved support of
namespaces. The patch that I am attaching adds the following features:

- - add auto completion to the namespace field
- - add classes from all namespaces to the auto completion of the base
class field, add classes from specified namespace without qualifier
- - lookup classes for parsing in the correct namespace, not only the
global namespace

As far as I tested it, it works pretty fine. Even in cases like

// global namespace

class A;

namespace B {

class A;

};

Here specifying namespace B in the dialog or not decides, which class is
taken as base "class A". If you specify namespace B but still want to
use the global class A, then you can use the notation "::A".

Apart from that I added some fixes, one of them preventing a segfault
when changing inheritance mode (public/protected/private) for an already
specified base class (it was a typo).

I roughly documented my changes in the attached changelog.

If you like my patch (which I hope :-) ), I would be happy if you can
import it to CVS. In this case please use
"Tilman Vogel web de (dot at dot)"
as my email address - I use that to prevent stupid spambots from taking
my address.

I think the only thing I missed is the use of the Global/Local button
purpose of which I didn't understand.

Thanks!

Tilman