KDevelop-2 and KDevelop-3 coexisting question

Iztok Kobal iztok.kobal at iskrasistemi.si
Fri Oct 3 01:21:06 UTC 2003

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:

> If ./configure --prefix=X
>
> and X != $KDEDIR
>
> Then all is OK
>
> but you need to call the program explicitily (X/bin/kdevelop) and you
> need to use KDEDIRS variable and you need to do kbuildsycoca.

KDEVELOP3_PREFIX=whatever --prefix
export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIRS:$KDEVELOP3_PREFIX
kbuildsycoca
$KDEVELOP3_PREFIX/bin/kdevelop

I know - I have already built/installed/run it with two trouble points

1. please, see attached patch - it is repeating so it should be added to
the lib/compat directory
2. when linking in editors/qeditor, libkutils is searched for. On 3.0.x
system it is not needed - exclude it please !

Iztok Kobal