[Sysadmin] change gideon into kdevelop

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Oct 2 00:28:04 UTC 2003

> mv gideon.desktop kdevelop.desktop
> mv parts/appwizard/common/gideon.pm parts/appwizard/common/kdevelop.pm

Done.

> mv pics/hi16-app-gideon.png pics/hi16-app-kdevelop.png

Here the problem starts. There was a file named that way, earlier on, in that
directory. It's not in HEAD, of course, so it's in the Attic. But if I do the above
renaming, it'll conflict with the one in the Attic. Basically you have to choose
between losing the history of the old file (OUCH! Bad for checking out earlier releases)
or losing the history of the new file when moving it over. I'd strongly recommend
the second one. In that case, you can simply rename and cvs add on the client.
It'll move the file out of the Attic, and make the change to it - which is what we want.

This is going to take me forever... Can you do the job of checking which files
are in the Attic already? I've put up the list of RCS files of kdevelop at
http://blackie.dk/~dfaure/kdevelop_rcs_list.bz2

Please send me the updated list of things where history can be preserved.