installPopupMenu

Sascha Cunz mail at SaCu.DE
Sun Nov 30 03:29:02 UTC 2003

Hi,
On Saturday 29 November 2003 15:05, Christoph Cullmann wrote:

> in kate part, the installPopupMenu methode of the popupmenu interface does
> what it should, it installs some menu to be shown on right click in the
> editor widget, in qeditor, it just hangs some menu in the default popupmenu
> of the editor. This leads to a nice menu in qeditor part and a completly
> unusable menu in kate part in kdevelop, as kdevelop installs only it's
> actions but no copy/paste/... standard stuff.
> would be nice if qeditor could be changed to behave the normal way +
> kdevelop hang in some usefull menu, would solve one of your bugs, btw. ;)

several weeks ago i fixed some bugs related to context menus in kdevelop. This
is one of the issues i left open. I feel like some of this context menu stuff
needs a rewrite.
There are a bunch of other issues, that need to be fixed:

  - using a mix of XMLGUI and self-created context menu requires several hacks

  - the need to modify this context menu as it is about to be shown requires
    additional hacks

  - grep-part accepts any size of current selection and appends it to the
    context menu

  - "goto man page" should check, if there really is a manpage. Preferable
    list which man pages are available, if more than one.

I'm still thinking about how a rewrite of context menu stuff in kdevelop could
be solved best.

Cheers Sascha