KDevelop manuals

Bernd Pol bernd.pol at online.de
Sun Nov 23 21:58:05 UTC 2003

On Sun November 23 2003 15:08, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently we have a couple of manuals:
> -KDevelop user Manual (doc/kdevelop/index.docbook)
> -The User Guide to C++ Application Design for the K Desktop
> Environment (KDE) with the KDevelop IDE  (Caleb Tennis, Ralf Nolden)
> (doc/kde_app_devel/kdevprog.docbook)
> -Qt Designer and KDevelop-3.0 for beginners (Anne-Marie Mahfouf)
> -And this stuff about how to  develop applications on KDE CVS with
> KDevelop.
>
>  I think that the last three items could be merged into one. What do
> you think?

Not fully agreed. The tutorial by Anne-Marie Mahfouf is a stand alone.
Then there are those efforts of Ralf Nolden regarding KDE
documentation. (I lost sight of what they are doing there currently.)
Perhaps they work on something which could replace the Applications
Design etc. manuals.

In principle we need three levels of documentation:
- Tutorials (several, on different basic aspects)
- User manual (how to use the KDevelop IDE, underway)
- Programming (someone should ask Ralf Nolden what is underway there)

Bernd