MDI IDEAl - default start up behaviour

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Sun Nov 9 03:02:04 UTC 2003

Hi again,

> Hi Bernd!
>
> Thanks for your testing.
>
> > Critics:
> > - KDevelop starts with Konsole output view activated,
> The default is to show all possible views. I don't like this behaviour
> either.
>
> > - the Konsole window covers all of the workspace
fixed.

> > - no other view is visible
fixed.

> The view start sizes is a ToDo. ATM I don't know why the output views have
> such a big height. Going to look into this soon. Yesterday, I fixed the mode
> switching in general.
>
> > Wishes:
> > - The MDI Ideal mode should show a default layuot as Gideon IDEAl mode,
> >   esp. no Konsole selected by default (other MDI modes, too).
Should we open a minimum set of views on default startup?
Maybe similar to MSVC?
Would mean:
Trees: classview, directory-view, automake/qmake-manager, documentation
Outputs: application, messages, breakpoints, global-search&replace
Any comments?

> Two other things are also important due they are broken 'cause of the addon
> of the new IDEAl mode:
> - closing (all) views is broken atm
fixed.

> - view activation (right tab must be raised)
fixed.

> - I still noticed random crashes in view management of mainwindow.cpp which
> is on top of KMdi.
much less crashes.

fixed.

> > Bernd
> >
> Any help (also testing and bugreports) is highly appreciated.

KMdi/qextmdi_compat is now in Beta stage. That's why, it has replaced the old IDEAl UI mode.
There are still minor issues I'm going to fix until the final release... Thanks for your patience.

CU, F at lk