configure-problem - where is kde/qt found?

Bernd Pol bernd.pol at online.de
Wed Nov 5 01:46:02 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I figured it out, part of it, but it runs now.

- The KDevelop build tools in the Build menu currently seem not to look
at any .profile or .bashrc settings. They rely on the environment set
up during the KDE start sequences.

- There the path was not set up as presumed from the .profile,
or .bashrc settings. Instead, the startkde directory (/opt/kde3 in this
case) was put _in front_ of my kde development  system path instead at
the back as I wanted it to. Hence KDevelop configure did find the wrong
references first.

- It helped to start KDevelop out of a console (there the path was
o.k.), but it tended to crash when the system load drastically changed
(e.g. by running a cron job).

- I finally decided to put static PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and
LIBRARY_PATH definitions in .profile and .bashrc.

Now it seems to work.
Bernd