Parser + Classview Problems with current CVS

ErDroh ErDroh at gmx.de
Sat May 3 11:46:03 UTC 2003

I am using the current KDevelop from CVS (recompiled every day). In some
projects i use nested namespaces, and i must see, that the classview had
really problems with it. An small example:

globalnamespace:
|- sound
|  |- CSoundEffect123
|  |-......

|- gfx
|  |- CMesh123
|  |-......

|- script
|  |- CAST
|  |-......

(Everything with an C before his name is a Class). When I look at the
classview i see following:

globalnamespace:
|- sound
|  |- CSoundEffect123
|  |-......

|- gfx
|  |- CMesh123
|  |-......

|- script
|  |- CAST
|  |-......

sound
|- CSoundEffect123
|-......

gfx
|- CMesh123
|-......

script
|- CAST
|-......

I dont think, that this is wanted. The next thing is the problem with
preproccessor parsing. Another small example:

class CFunnyClass
{
 #if defined(__WIN32__) || defined(_WINDOWS)
    void asd();
    void qwertz();

    HWND hwnd;
#elif defined(__linux__) || defined(linux)
    void asd();
    void qwertz();

    Window win;
#endif
}

Now the preprocessor seems to stop (it dont exist in classview) and
completion dont work anymore.

I think, that this is a problem with the global defines, which are
standard defines from gcc (the system-defines for example). They need to
be inserted into the preprocessor from kdevelop by default.