Automake behaviour question

raggi at cli.di.unipi.it raggi at cli.di.unipi.it
Mon Mar 31 10:45:06 UTC 2003

Hi!

Scrive Alexander Dymo <cloudtemple at mksat.net>:
> Hello, I wonder why in autosubprojectview.cpp line 293 the
> following lines exists? Why are all available headers in dir
> automatically included for PROGRAMS targets in the list view?
>
> // TODO: only if in a c++ project
> kdDebug(9020) << "-------------> path = " << (item->path) << endl;
> QDir dir( item->path );
> sourceList += dir.entryList( "*.h;*.H;*.hh;*.hxx;*.hpp;*.tcc", QDir::Files
> );

i've added it, because, *for now*, cppsupportpart needs to know all headers
and sources file of a project.. the point is that you can write an automake
project without enumerating headers!!  for instance

yourproject_SOURCES = file1.cpp file2.cpp .. and fileN.cpp

but, cppsupport *must* parse all headers before parsing the .cpp files,
because usually headers contains the declarations :(

anyway, i'm working on a clean solution for it using the method
Driver::setResolveDependencesEnabled().. take a look at
cppsupportpart/main.cpp for an example on how to use this new feature of the
Driver... or if you want to test it inside kdevelop you can uncomment
m_driver.setResolveDependencesEnabled(true) in backgroundparser.cpp

ciao robe