Classes , global function & variables support for perl in class viewer

luc willems Willems.luc at pandora.be
Fri Mar 28 23:14:03 UTC 2003

	Hello all ,

For a long time i was looking for a good ide for programming in perl. When i
noticed that the new kdevelop would support perl , i was curious and
installed the alpha build to try it out.

But when testing some perl packages with classes i noticed that there was no
support for classes in the classviewer and the global functions wasn't
working correctly if you defined 2 functions with the same name but in
different packages.

So a took all my curage and jump in the code to see if i could change this.
And voila , here is a big patch that will give following things :

	- perl classes ( yes , the exist . a little bit strange but it's nice)
	- perl global function , considering the namespace of the package
	- perl global variables

If you like it , love it , need it , than please put it in the main tree. if
note , let me know. It's my first try in C++ and KDE coding so any beginners
mistake will probably be there.

I'm planning further things like adding new classes support , templates ,... .
I'm dreaming on a good perl debugger and and mod_perl debug/development
environment. I will see how far i get.

b.t.w. , anybody have a good tip on how to debug in kdevelop 2.x . whithout
manually doing a make install to a temp directory. If i don't do this , a
can't debug the parts/xxx files because the library files aren't found during
startup.

	greetings,
	luc