output toolview

John Firebaugh jfire at uclink.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 28 07:47:04 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 3:23, F at lk Brettschneider wrote:
> Hi John,
> do you still work on the make-output view? Alpha4 release is soon but
> the current state isn't OK. As reported from several users we have:
> - high CPU load
> - low responsibility during compiling
> - qmake output broken
> - libtool compiling output broken
> All 4 items weren't an issue before the restructuring. What about
> basicly stepping back to the revisions before the 18/March?

qmake output should now be fixed. I'm not aware of what is broken about
libtool compiling output. And as it seems the performance bottleneck is the
QRegExps, which were present before 18 March, I doubt that stepping back is
actually going to give any substantial performance increase. So, I would
prefer not to.

If anyone sees any further problems with the short output getting the wrong
result, please add a test case to the existing test cases in
makeactionfilter.cpp. (And then make the test case pass, if you are feeling
generous!)

-John