output toolview

falk.brettschneider at gmx.de falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Thu Mar 27 11:39:02 UTC 2003

> F at lk Brettschneider wrote:
>
> > Hi John,
> > do you still work on the make-output view? Alpha4 release is soon but
> > the current state isn't OK. As reported from several users we have:
> > - high CPU load
> > - low responsibility during compiling
> > - qmake output broken
> > - libtool compiling output broken
> > All 4 items weren't an issue before the restructuring. What about
> > basicly stepping back to the revisions before the 18/March?
>
> Unfortunately, it's not so easy anymore. I've updated today and the
> outputview from 17/03 does not compile due to a change in
> KDevMakeFrontend.
> This is quite bad. The error is:

/home/andris/cvs-developement/head/kde-cvs/kdevelop/parts/outputviews/makeviewpart.cpp:
> In method `MakeViewPart::MakeViewPart(QObject *, const char *, const
> QStringList &)':

/home/andris/cvs-developement/head/kde-cvs/kdevelop/parts/outputviews/makeviewpart.cpp:32:
> no matching function for call to `KDevMakeFrontend::KDevMakeFrontend
> (QObject *&, const char *&)'

/home/andris/cvs-developement/head/kde-cvs/kdevelop/lib/interfaces/kdevmakefrontend.h:18:
> candidates are: KDevMakeFrontend::KDevMakeFrontend(const QString &, const
> QString &,     QObject * = 0, const char * = 0)
Try to fix this small API change by adding the expected constant QString
reference in the constructor of the MakeViewPart class or fix the base class
call there... Sorry, I haven't access to Unix here...

> Andras
> --
> Quanta Plus developer - http://quanta.sourceforge.net
> K Desktop Environment - http://www.kde.org