Fortran part again.

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 01:34:03 UTC 2003

So I read the g77 info page which summarizes what the g77 compiler
recognizes as a fortran source file. Here it comes:

FILE.f FILE.for and FILE.FOR  - should not be preprocessed
FILE.F FILE.fpp and FILE.FPP  - should be preprocessed

FILE.r - ratfor to be preprocessed with the ratfor preprocessor which
is not part of GNU. I have not seen ratfor used in years and recommend
strongly ditching this option at this point.

All other endings (ftn, f77, f90, f95) should be delegated to special
rules in the automake manager.

Lets see whether we can get the first two (.f and .F) to work cleanly
before we move on,

Roland