trying the Fortran part

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 01:24:02 UTC 2003

First thing I noticed is that automake or make doesn't seem to know how
to compile f77 files and tries a default rule calling the C compiler. I
suggest we name Fortran files by default with the ending .F instead of
f77 or ftn. But I havent tried that yet.

So we the C compiler nothing will work and I guess one can always  put
a default rule in the Makefile.am (maybe?). I will try to google that
up later.

But more importantly the filetreeview suffers from acute flickeritis.
Seems like it updates every few ms or something crazy like that. It is
also not possible to open more than one file with the name Makefile.am
from the filetreeview which renders it fairly useless.

Regards,
Roland