Fortran plugin in Kdevelop 3?

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Fri Mar 21 15:26:03 UTC 2003

On Friday 21 March 2003 09:23 am, Daniel Tourde wrote:

> Actually I was planning to test the Fortran support but when I start a
> new project with Kdevelop3, I cannot specify that I want to have a
> Fortran project.
> Do I have to specify a particular option/flag during the compilation? Is
> there a flag I should set in a configuration file somewhere to be able
> to start a Fortran project in Kdevelop3?

Okay, I think the main reason it's not available is because we don't have any
Fortran templates available to create a new project from.

The "easiest" thing to do, is probably to create a new C++ project from the
application wizard just like normal.  Then, close Gideon, and editor your
project's .kdevelop file.  There should be a <primarylanguage> entry, to
which you'll want to change it to Fortran77.  This will enable fortransupport
within Gideon; the project will still be automake based, but it will give you
some fortran options (I assume you're using the gnu fortran compiler?).

Anyway, I hope this can get you started!

(Feel free to submit bug reports/wishlist items to http://bugs.kde.org - you
can just categorize them as general gideon bugs, and we'll take care of
recategorizing them).

Caleb