How to get a nice API-doc tree in DocTreeView?

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Thu Mar 20 01:13:07 UTC 2003

Hi!

Alexander Dymo wrote:

>>How can I get the tree that Doxygen generates embedded in doctreeview?
>>If I can not do it by some automatic means, how can I achieve it by hand
>>coding?
>>I see that doctreeview tries to read some .toc and .tag files, but I
>>don't understand it. :(
>>

>doctreeview doesn't read tocs and tags for the project documentation.
>(they can even be missing). But you can create tags with doxygen and
>add your documentation dir directly to the global config dialog to get
>a nice class tree.
>
>But I will take a look at weekend - maybe something can be done (for example
>to let the doctreeview to read tag files if they exist).

BTW:
I tried to add a new documentation
/home/falk/projects/kde3src/qt-copy/doc/html/qt.xml but that doesn't
work. The entry appears in the docview tree, but when I click on it
nothing happens. Then I tried to remove the entry again but I can't. It
vanishes in the listbox of the dialog, but after OK it is there again.
Furthermore, it's possible to add new documentation entries without a
name. The documentation treeview entry is empty then which should be
prevented somehow.

Please, can you check if that happens for you too?

Cheers
F at lk
P.S.: my system is KDE-3.0.3, Qt-3.0.5, KDevelop from cvs