Autoproject part

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Mon Mar 17 15:39:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 15:36, Victor Röder wrote:
> Hi Robe and Amilcar!
>
> As you might have seen, I have tried to restructure the code of
> autoproject a little bit to get a smaller autoprojectwidget.cpp.
> What I would like to do is, to make the code a little bit more nicer to
> read. That begins with those Autoproject listview items (SubprojectItem,
> TargetItem, FileItem). In the code there are several places where the
> relative path of a subproject is obtained. It would be nicer to have a
> method relativePath() of the SubprojectItem class. But this is only one
> example of inner changes ...
>
> For the GUI I had following things in mind:
> Replace the two small toolbar buttons (New subproject, new target,
> subproject options, ... , New file, etc.) with actions that only deal
> with the view of subprojects, targets and files.
> Examples:
> 1) A toggle button with which you can hide show "one type of target".
> blabla_DATA target for example.
> 2) A button with which you can easily jump to your active subproject/target
> 3) A button with which you can "flatten" your subprojects. I. e. the
> subproject tree view becomes a simple list of subprojects, but now every
> subproject has prepended it relative path to the project directory.
> 4) Maybe an option with which you can set the directories/subprojects
> you want to see in the upper half of the autoprojectwidget.
>
> Nice to have would be drag and drop support :-).
yes, i like the idea to have drag and drop support ;)

> What do you think about it?
i agree with your "plan", but if you don't mind i would like to start to
fix a few annoying bug before(like don't write the _SOURCES variable int
Makefile.am if the subproject is empty), after that i'll try to
implement the support for drag and drop.

ciao robe