Adjusting make output for gcc-3.x's wrapping

Hamish Rodda meddie at yoyo.its.monash.edu.au
Sun Mar 16 02:57:03 UTC 2003

Hi,

I was getting a bit frustrated with gcc's habit of wrapping its output in
awkward to read places, so I wrote a patch to de-wrap it.  It works on the
assumption that any line starting with a space is a continued line.  I think
it's a good assumption, but I'm posting here to check that this holds for
other compilers / make commands.

The patch is rough because I'm going away for a week (and hence may not be
able to respond to any replies soon) and wanted to post it before I leave,
but the basics are in place (it's mostly the formatting that needs fixing).
If someone wants to complete and commit it that's fine, else I'll do it when
I get back (if there are no problems with it of course).

Also, I installed the new splash screen locally that was posted on the list a
while back.  I looks great.  Is there any reason it has not been committed to
cvs?

Cheers,
Hamish.