New part: TodoList

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Sun Jun 29 22:35:05 UTC 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 01:16, Roberto Raggi wrote:

> On Sunday 29 June 2003 15:03, Holger Schroeder wrote:
> > i think this should be implemented as a programming-language-independent
> > plugin, as it would work for any text files, be it c++ sources, shell
> > scripts, whatever.
>
> hmm i don't think so.. you will need to know language specifics to
> implement a decent todo list.. for instance you have to know if @todo
> occurs in a comment

Surely todo's are separate from the language. The problem reporter (or some
program language parser) should be able to add todos to the list but I don't
understand why the todo list should be defined only by the todos in the code.

In otherwords, I'd like to be able to add todo's at any time without changing
the code.

jbb