Problems compiling Gideon under FreeBSD.

Tony Byrne kdevelop at byrnehq.com
Fri Jun 27 17:51:02 UTC 2003

Hi,

You may recall my earlier posts regarding compiling Gideon under
FreeBSD and the problems I've had with CVS sources after the
release of Alpha4.  Assuming that other FreeBSD users must be
having better luck than me, I went back to first principles.

I note that one of Gideon's build requirements is a version of
Autoconf greater or equal to 2.54.  Now the FreeBSD Autoconf
ports for versions over 2.53 are all marked as broken, and I had cheated
by manually fetching and building a more recent Autoconf.  How are
other FreeBSD users getting around this one?  Could this have
something to do with Configure complaining about not being able to find a
suitable version of Berkely DB in spite of me pointing it at a good
version?

Regards,

Tony.

--