Compiling Gidieon under FreeBSD

Tony Byrne kdevelop at byrnehq.com
Wed Jun 25 11:56:02 UTC 2003

Hello Roberto,

>> Interestingly, this wasn't a problem for me with the Alpha4 snapshot,
>> which built and installed without complaint.
RR> the bdb3 dependence was introduced after the alpha 4 :)

Ah, that would explain it.

>> Any ideas as to what the problem might be?
RR> check if you have installed the header db.h in /usr/local/include

I found db.h under /usr/local/db3/db.h, but augmenting INCDIR in the
hope that the configure would find it didn't help. Neither did a
quick and dirty move of the relevant includes to the parent
/usr/local/include directory.  Instead I've hard-coded my version of
db into configure in the hope that the linker will have better luck.

Regards,

Tony.

--
Tony Byrne