Compiling Gidieon under FreeBSD

Tony Byrne kdevelop at byrnehq.com
Wed Jun 25 10:58:05 UTC 2003

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this question, but
here goes...

I'm having issues with compiling Gideon under FreeBSD, using the CVS
sources.  Configure is complaining about not being able to find a
version of Berkeley DB >= 3, despite the fact that I have version
3.3 installed in /usr/local/lib, where I would expect Configure to
be able to find it.

Interestingly, this wasn't a problem for me with the Alpha4 snapshot,
which built and installed without complaint.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Regards,

Tony.

--
Tony Byrne