KDevelop website

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Tue Jun 17 12:04:02 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I got this from the dot:

START Alex mail:

WOW, the KDevelop website is ancient. Its in desperate need for updates.
I mean come on, even the features page is ancient:

 "KDevelop 1.1 even includes KDE 2/Qt 2 frameworks for those developers
that want to stay on the bleeding edge of KDE development."

 Yes, KDE 2 is definitely bleeding edge.

 and on the Graphics page, there shouldn't be 3 screen shots sections,
just make 1 and have a "next ->" link.

 Even the press is ancient, Linux Tag 2001?

 The software used on the site is also old, phorum, that thing totally
sucks when you have something like PHPBB and you already have a space on
KDE-Forum.org here:
 http://kde-forum.org/viewforum.php?f=11 there should be a link.

 Links page is out dated too, listing mosfet's site as a KDE 2
development site and even listing broken links.

 The documentation is ancient too, the user manual's last update was in
1999.

 Really this is pathetic and it happens like this to a lot of KDE
projects! Even Konqueror's page has the last news item in 2002 while so
many exciting things have happened to it. In addition KDE websites were
supposed to adopt the new design, but many flagship software websites
have not been updated like Koffice's website.

 Seriously the KDE project websites are rarely updated, the dot and
kde.org seem to be in the minority of websites being updated regularly.
The documentation also sucks.

And I heard from people here that Gideon is a lot better. We need a
website to show the quality of the program, currently the website for
KDevelop will just turn people off.

 Compare for yourself:
 http://anjuta.sourceforge.net
 http://www.kdevelop.org

 Yes, your right, the KDevelop website does not stand comparison.

I would be happy to help make the KDevelop website better by providing a
new design and updating whatever content I can if you want.

END Alex mail: