Kdevelop problems on RH9

DavJTanner at aol.com DavJTanner at aol.com
Mon Jun 9 13:49:02 UTC 2003

Hello kdevelopers,
I have 2 problems with kdevelop on kdevelop version 2.1.5-6.i386 on RH9:
1. When creating a new project (I tried MDI kde and normal Gnome) the process
hangs at "changing files [gnomenormal] ...  Perl is using all the cpu and the
memory usage creeps from 2.9 MB to 3.1 MB over 30 minutes.  No new files are
created during that time.

If I end the process, building continues.  There are warnings:
"Using auxilliary files such as 'aconfig.h' ... to define templates for
'config.h.in' is deprecated and discouraged"

"Using the third argument of 'AC_DEFINE' and 'AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to
define a template without 'acconfig.h'"

"AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN],1) [Define if a function 'main' is needed.])"

"More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the documentation"

I don't know if these result from killing a perl step.

My system is a Pentium III 800 MHz with 256 MB of memory.  RH9 is installed
in a 40GB hard disk partition.

Should it really take such a system more than half an hour to create a
project?

My version of RH9 came with Red Hat Linux 9 Unleashed from Sams.

I am a Linux newbie, but an experienced software engineer.

Thanks,
Dave Tanner
DavJTanner at aol.com