appwizard patch

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Thu Jun 5 03:45:06 UTC 2003

Hi,

This patch adds "debug" and "optimized" profiles to the kapp project and
defaults the profile to "debug" on creation of a new project. It makes it
easier for the user to do debugging correctly rather than posting that "the
debugger doesn't stop" (sigh).

I'm not sure that this patch should go in as it stands as the profiles end up
being debug, optimised and "default" (who the hell thought of that name :)
which means just compile in the src directory. I think default should be
dropped which would encourage people to compile with builddir != srcdir.

Why is builddir != srcdir I hear you ask :) Well when a user does a builddir
== srcdir and then tries to create a profile where builddir != srcdir
(probably because they want to debug their damned project) then they will run
into annoying make problems which will force them to do a distclean before
they can get the project compiled. At least that's what keeps happening here.

What do you think?

jbb