... concerning gideon crash on closing files ...

Daniel Franke daniel.franke at imbs.uni-luebeck.de
Tue Jul 22 22:32:05 UTC 2003

Hi,

some people and I reported crahes when closing files in gideon (e.g.
#57902). While using alpha4 it was somewhat annoying but tolerable ... now
using cvs source, my gideon keeps crashing time after time. I reported this
a couple of days before, but I also mentioned I had upgraded my compiler.
After reading that tiny note on the "How to compile KDE 3.1" website, about
everything has to be compiled using the same compiler, I downgraded again to
gcc 3.2.2 (since gcc 3.3 doesn't seem to want to compile libarts, but that's
another story). Still, gideon crahed. OK, I'm dumb, I'm silly ... it seems I
somehow shredded everything. So, back to the beginning. Today I compiled the
whole bunch of KDE packages (3.1.2) again using gcc-3.2.2. Then I updated
gideon to latest CVS. Now guess! Jep, gideon crashed when closing the first
file (loading a project, compiling, grep'ing nevertheless seems to work).

Is this only my problem, or does anyone else suffer the like?

My setup:
	* gcc-3.2.2
	* kde 3.1.2 completly built from sources
	* solaris 8
	  (anything else of interest?)

I can provide backtraces and debug output en masse if anyone is interested.

	Daniel

--
Dipl.-Math. (FH) Daniel Franke
Institut fuer Medizinische Biometrie und Statistik
daniel.franke at imbs.uni-luebeck.de