IDEAL mode

jalal the_jalal at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 21 23:04:02 UTC 2003

Dominik Haumann wrote:
> Am Montag, 21. Juli 2003 10:55 schrieb Harald Fernengel:
>
>>Hi Dominik,
>>
>>On Sunday 20 July 2003 05:43, Dominik Haumann wrote:
>>
>>>I've just an improvement for the ideal mode in gideon.
>>>I would be greate to have a small button (see attached snapshots) with
>>>which I could "reopen" the state in which I was when I clicked the "<"
>>>button. Example: I open the "Classes" tab. Then I close it with "<".
>>>Clicking on ">" shall reopen "Classes"... Very simple but effective IMO!
>>
>>We have the shortcuts ALT-L, ALT-R and ALT-U to open/close the last active
>>tab. Most developers find it more convenient to use the keyboard instead of
>>the mouse, so I never thought about adding a button :)
>>
>>It should be easy to implement, just add a new button and connect to the
>>same slot as ALT-R and friends. Send a patch to this list and be famous ;)
>

> Alright, I will do this when I have some time to look into the code ;)
> What about ctrl+alt+123? Everything else is already used imho...

What would be good for me (personal opinion only) is something that can
be triggered with one hand.

So, yes, Ctrl-Shift-1[2|3] or similar would be fine.

Another problem with Alt-R[L|U] is that they are language specific
(Right, Left, Under) and would be different in another language.

cheers
jalal

--

GPG fingerprint = 3D45 5509 D380 26A4 523E  A9D8 A66A 5F38 CA43 BB0E