IDEAL mode

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Mon Jul 21 12:56:03 UTC 2003

Hi Dominik,

On Sunday 20 July 2003 05:43, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> I've just an improvement for the ideal mode in gideon.
> I would be greate to have a small button (see attached snapshots) with
> which I could "reopen" the state in which I was when I clicked the "<"
> button. Example: I open the "Classes" tab. Then I close it with "<".
> Clicking on ">" shall reopen "Classes"... Very simple but effective IMO!

We have the shortcuts ALT-L, ALT-R and ALT-U to open/close the last active
tab. Most developers find it more convenient to use the keyboard instead of
the mouse, so I never thought about adding a button :)

It should be easy to implement, just add a new button and connect to the same
slot as ALT-R and friends. Send a patch to this list and be famous ;)

Best regards,
Harry