new KDE Development book (Ralf Nolden)

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 19:02:02 UTC 2003

Ralf,
Charles Samuels (aka Njaard) and I have long discussed that we would
like to attempt something like this. We have made some outlines that I
can post or send to you, if you are interested.

Now I finally got Charles to go to college :-) so he can become a real
forever-student, just like we all. I dont expect him to have much time
in the near future.

Nevertheless, I still would like to participate in something like this.
I believe that coding with Qt and/or KDE should be made as easy as
Visual Basic or Turbo Pascal (Kylix) and good tutorials are the first
step.

I dont know anything about docbook, I use LyX for anything important
that I need to write. But I dont really care, I can write chapters in a
text editor and have someone else take care of the formatting.

Your first outline looked good.

I dont care much about the licensing details as long as they are fair.
It wouldn't be bad to get some reimbursment for sold printed copies,
and share some of that with the KDE.e.V. but still.

Let me know if you are interested.
Roland