new KDE Development book

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri Jul 18 08:12:04 UTC 2003

On Freitag, 18. Juli 2003 08:01, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> If you have any ideas, let me know.

Forgot something: I'd like to have the KDE and Qt API included. I guess the Qt
API docs and other docs are tricky because the copyright is with TT - but as
Qt is GPL we could as well license the whole book (or the API part of the
book which could be a separate book) GPL.

The issue is now, how do we get docbook files out of the doxygen generated
docs ? Any clues ?

BTW: the copyright of the book should be with the KDE e.V. That allows it to
continue further even when programmers stopped working on the book and aren't
available anymore. Then the KDE e.V. can still publish it. I guess that's in
everyone's interest; it should however have an authors section and a credits
section like any other KDE program.

Ralf

> Thanks,
>
> Ralf