Problems debugging templates/shared libraries with Gideon

Pascal Francq pfrancq at ulb.ac.be
Wed Jul 16 14:35:08 UTC 2003

Hi,
I have created a shared libraries with some C++ header files containing
templates. I try to debug this templates by adding a breakpoint in one of the
methods of this template. I try to run the application using this library in
debug mode by two different ways:
1°) From inside the gideon project of this application.
2°) From the gideon project of the shared libraries by specifying the
application in the 'run options' of the project.
gdb seems to recognize the breakpoint, but it never stops on it. Moreover,
when I try to debug normal code (so not templates) from this shared library,
there are syncronization problems between the debugger and the code shown in
the editor.
Any idea for one of these problems?
--

Dr Ir Pascal Francq