[CODE] remote (embedded) debugging with kdevelop?

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at norran.net
Tue Jul 8 12:36:02 UTC 2003

On tisdagen den 8 juli 2003 10.27, Stefan Taferner wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 July 2003 10:04, jbb wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't have time atm to look at this, but can this be added to gideon in
> > cvs without causing problems?
>
> I had an irc chat with Roberto about it on Sunday.
> It will be added, but we need some work to add it.
>
> Mainly from my point of view its a place in the project options to set
> the remote host.
>
> What was not discussed was who writes the project option dialog.
> Roberto?
>
> Kind regards,
> Stefan

Hmm... this requires that target has:
* gdb
* mounted remote filesystem(?)
* ethernet (ppp over serial could work - but slow...)
It is nice to have a complete gdb, when you have enough space (2.8MB)...
(it could be on the remote filesystem too)

For some targets gdbserver is the only possibility...

If the target can not mount a remote filesystem it would be nice to be
able to call a project specific script  that performes the transfer.
(like mine to transfer file and start gdbserver)

It would also be nice with a possibility to supply a gdb script.
(like my to set remote debug)

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson