debug active target

Stefan Taferner taferner at kde.org
Thu Jul 3 11:37:05 UTC 2003

On Thursday 03 July 2003 10:30, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> Roberto Raggi wrote:
> >On Thursday 03 July 2003 09:35, Stefan Taferner wrote:
> >>My idea is to change the behaviour of "active target".
> >>When no main program is set in the project options, the active
> >>target is used for debug and run.
> >>
> >>This is 3 lines of code, and makes life with complex projects
> >>much easy.
> >
> >i'm not sure is a good idea to allow debugging only for the active
> > project. for instance, when i'm working on gideon i usually have as
> > active target a plugin and i don't want start the debugger on a plugin
> > :)
>
> Roberto, the beauty of it is that:
> this only happends when "no main program is set in the project options" !

IMO there exist two types of projects: those that have one main program,
and those that have multiple.

Take for example kdebase. It has many programs. Of course one can
make a project file for each program. But it is not necessary to do so,
as having one project for the whole kdebase is just fine.

Having both options (debug main/active, run main/active) on the gui might
be the best choice.

For me the question is: is this something that changes within the same
project? Or could it be a per-project choice that could be "hidden" within
the project options?

Kind regards,
Stefan