KDevelop questions

Izo I at siol.net
Thu Jan 30 07:50:05 UTC 2003

1. I am dealing with the code where I am dealing with the assembly
debugging. There is a dissassemble window in KDevelop-2.1.3 but the
current position is showed as the first line in dissassembly window
which is annoying because you can not see the code above. Am I true or
can be set to be shown as it is in thesource window (highlighted line) ?
Is the intention of the KDevelop team to improve this behaviour ?

2. Also, I could not find the possibility to set the breakpoint to
desired address - only to the certain source line - which sometimes is
not enough. Again, have I missed something and is it going to be improved ?

3. Will there be a possibility given to set the source directories
instead of them taken from the executable / shared object ? As it is now
it is not possible to debug shared objects on another machine except
when the sources are on exactly same position in the file system as they
are on original machine. For the same reason it is not possible to debug
the shared libs which do not contain full path to the sources (I am
using GPM Modula-2 which stores the relative paths into the libs so I
have to work with the symbolic links all the time)

4. From the KDevelop-3.0 version on it is not possible to delete watched
symbols from the watch window. Why so ? Will it be corrected ?

5. Function arguments are not shown anymore as the locals of the certain
stack frame in the watch window. I know that it is due to the gdb-5.2
but isn't it possible to show them there ? It would be fine to see the
values of the passed-by-reference arguments without seting them as
watchpoints. If only was possible to delete such watchpoints afterwards
but it is not so it ends with complete mess in the watch window and I
could see nothing !

6. Can the Gideon be directly used on the projects generated by the
KDevelop-2.1.3 / autoconf-2.53 / automake-1.6.3 ?

7. Does the Gideon solve some of above ?

I.