Need an Help ..

Nagan Suresh snsuresh_y2k at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 05:49:10 UTC 2003

thanks a lot.
 falk.brettschneider at gmx.de wrote:>
> hi all,
>
> I am new to linux OS.
>
> I want to create an icon on RedHat Linux Desktop for my ipsec service.
>
> Let me example more detail ...
>
> I have my ipsec service running on my RedHat linux 8.0
>
> icon should be showed on my linux desktop if ipsec
> services is enable.
>
> icon should be disable if ipsec services
> is disable.
>
> and also
>
> Give me some general information for any system services
>
> like example
>
> telnet,ftp etc..running then icon should be showed on my desktop or vice
> versa.
>

> Your help is highly needed,
>
> Suresh
You could grab the sources of KInternet which is part of the SuSE Linux
release and look how they do it there. Use the search engine on www.suse.com to
find the source package (.....src.rpm).

Similar to your needs, KInternet also insert an icon in the KDE systray
(next to the system clock in the panel) representing the application and its
state (connected/disconnected). The context menu provides access to more
functionality like a look in the logfile or such things.

Good luck
F at lk

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++