FileCreate part [was: missing tab texts in IDEAL mode]

Julian Rockey linux at jrockey.com
Sun Jan 26 19:12:06 UTC 2003

After over a week of getting really annoyed it looks like the X-errors I
thought were a result of my FileCreate part are a result of having QT
compiled with -nodebug and -O3. Using an -O2 compiled QT works fine. As a
result, I'm re-enabling the filecreate part unless I hear a confirmed report
from someone NOT using an -O3 QT and still getting the X errors...!

Harry F. has said he'll see if the Trolltech X guys can elaborate...

Moving forward, as I'd like the File Creation 'service' to be available
throughout Gideon to those parts that want it, does anyone mind if I add a
method to return a KDevCreateFile interface object
(lib/interfaces/kdevcreatefile.h) to the KDevPlugin interface, and update
plugincontroller accordingly? Or is there a better way to do this?
cheers
Julian