Configure fails with error message

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Fri Jan 24 17:04:02 UTC 2003

Hi!

I did what you said, I deleted
/local/kde3src/kdevelop/admin

And replaced with a link to
/opt/kde3/share/apps/kdelibs/admin

but now when I run
make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean

I obviously get:
Can't open perl script "./admin/cvs-clean.pl": No such file or directory

and when I do:
make -f Makefile.cvs

I get:
*** YOU'RE USING automake (GNU automake) 1.7.2.
*** KDE requires automake 1.5
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Gess what I updated automake to 1.7.2 because the autoconf complained.
And now it complaints that it wants the old one!

I downgraded to the old automake 1.5 and it now works!!!

This is kind of confusing, thanks for solving it!
Amilcar

Caleb Tennis wrote:

>On Friday 24 January 2003 10:04, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
>

>>Which I think is correct.
>>So it might be something with my autoconf right?
>>How can I fix it?
>>

>Is your admin directory in sync with your KDE release?  Make sure
>kdevelop/admin is a symlink to kde-common/admin and it's from the 3.0 branch,
>not 3.1 or HEAD.
>
>Also, did you rerun "Make -f Makefile.cvs" ?
>
>Caleb

Amilcar Lucas

             Institut fuer Datentechnik und Kommunikationsnetze
               Technische Universitaet Braunschweig, Germany

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas                  Tel. : +49 531 391 3751
Raum 1315                               Fax  : +49 531 391 3750
Hans-Sommer Str. 66                     Email: amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
D-38106 Braunschweig
           http://www.ida.ing.tu-bs.de/people/amilcar/home.e.shtml