Configure fails with error message

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Fri Jan 24 16:05:06 UTC 2003

Hi!

My /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/designer contains "kdewidgets.so" and
"kdewidgets.la".

When I run uic with that file (the actest.ui you sent me), I get
/usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -L /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/designer -nounload
-impl actest.h actest.ui

/****************************************************************************
** Form implementation generated from reading ui file 'actest.ui'
**
** Created: Fri Jan 24 15:56:49 2003
**      by:  The User Interface Compiler (uic)
**
** WARNING! All changes made in this file will be lost!
****************************************************************************/
#include "actest.h"

#include <qvariant.h>
#include <qlayout.h>
#include <qtooltip.h>
#include <qwhatsthis.h>

/*
 *  Constructs a NewConnectionDialog which is a child of 'parent', with the
 *  name 'name' and widget flags set to 'f'.
 *
 *  The dialog will by default be modeless, unless you set 'modal' to
 *  TRUE to construct a modal dialog.
 */
NewConnectionDialog::NewConnectionDialog( QWidget* parent,  const char*
name, bool modal, WFlags fl )
    : QDialog( parent, name, modal, fl )
{

    testInput = new KLineEdit( this, "testInput" );
}

/*
 *  Destroys the object and frees any allocated resources
 */
NewConnectionDialog::~NewConnectionDialog()
{
    // no need to delete child widgets, Qt does it all for us
}

Which I think is correct.
So it might be something with my autoconf right?
How can I fix it?

Thanks,
Amilcar

Harald Fernengel wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Friday 24 January 2003 14:52, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
>

>>Yes, the path is correct. I checked the config.log file and this is what
>>I got
>>
>>configure:23681: result: libraries /opt/kde3/lib, headers /opt/kde3/include
>>configure:23718: checking if UIC has KDE plugins available
>>configure:23745: /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -L
>>/opt/kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/designer -nounload -impl actest.h actest.ui >
>>actest.cpp
>>configure:23748: $? = 0
>>configure:23763: error: not found - you need to install kdelibs first.
>>
>>It looks like the problem is that there is no actest.ui file, because
>>when I issue:
>>/usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -L /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/designer -nounload
>>-impl actest.h actest.ui
>>
>>I get:
>>uic: Could not open file 'actest.ui'
>>
>>So I'm out of ideas :(
>>

>actest.ui is generated on the fly, you can find it in admin/acinclude.m4.in:
>
><!DOCTYPE UI><UI version="3.0" stdsetdef="1">
><class>NewConnectionDialog</class>
><widget class="QDialog">
>   <widget class="KLineEdit">
>        <property name="name">
>           <cstring>testInput</cstring>
>        </property>
>   </widget>
></widget>
></UI>
>
>can you try to run uic again on that file and see what happens? Do you have a
>directory /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/designer and does it contain
>"kdewidgets.so" and "kdewidgets.la"?
>
>Best regards,
>Harry

Amilcar Lucas

             Institut fuer Datentechnik und Kommunikationsnetze
               Technische Universitaet Braunschweig, Germany

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas                  Tel. : +49 531 391 3751
Raum 1315                               Fax  : +49 531 391 3750
Hans-Sommer Str. 66                     Email: amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
D-38106 Braunschweig
           http://www.ida.ing.tu-bs.de/people/amilcar/home.e.shtml