Configure fails with error message

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Fri Jan 24 14:53:05 UTC 2003

Hi!

Yes, the path is correct. I checked the config.log file and this is what
I got

configure:23681: result: libraries /opt/kde3/lib, headers /opt/kde3/include
configure:23718: checking if UIC has KDE plugins available
configure:23745: /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -L
/opt/kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/designer -nounload -impl actest.h actest.ui >
actest.cpp
configure:23748: $? = 0
configure:23763: error: not found - you need to install kdelibs first.

It looks like the problem is that there is no actest.ui file, because
when I issue:
/usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -L /opt/kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/designer -nounload
-impl actest.h actest.ui

I get:
uic: Could not open file 'actest.ui'

So I'm out of ideas :(

Thanks
Amilcar

Harald Fernengel wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Friday 24 January 2003 10:36, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
>

>>Configure fails with message:
>>checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... configure: error: not found -
>>you need to install kdelibs first.
>>
>>What am I doing wrong?
>>I have kdelibs-devel so what am I missing??
>>Do I really need to get the complete KDE sources?
>>

>no, kdelibs-devel should be enough. Just make sure you set $QTDIR, $KDEDIR and
>that $QTDIR/bin and $KDEDIR/bin are in your $PATH. Does that help?
>
>If not, please check your config.log for error messages so we can find out
>what is going on.
>
>Best regards,
>Harry

Amilcar Lucas

             Institut fuer Datentechnik und Kommunikationsnetze
               Technische Universitaet Braunschweig, Germany

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas                  Tel. : +49 531 391 3751
Raum 1315                               Fax  : +49 531 391 3750
Hans-Sommer Str. 66                     Email: amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
D-38106 Braunschweig
           http://www.ida.ing.tu-bs.de/people/amilcar/home.e.shtml