Gideon & Kate part shortcuts

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at jowenn.at
Tue Jan 21 01:26:02 UTC 2003

Hi

Am Mon, 2003-01-20 um 11.47 schrieb Hamish Rodda:
> Hi,
>
> Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> > There are some problems with shortcut between gideon and kate part (cvs of
> > yesterday, kde 3.1rc6), along with proposed solutions
> >
> > f12: Dynamic ww / switch header/impl
> >         IMHO, dynamic ww doesn't need a shortcut. Maybe ask kate people to
> > remove
> > this shortcut, or can you remove it when loading the kate part ?
>
> Hmmm, I agree the Kate shortcut should go, but maybe we should make Gideon
> do it. Dunno.

I think, we can remove that shortcut without any concerns within kate.

(By the way, is dynww on or off by default now, I think it should be on
for a new kate installation)

> > alt + pgup Prev window / prev bookmark
> > alt + pgdown Next window / next bookmark
> >         either use shift+ctrl+pgup/pgdown or ask kate to use it.
>
> I would actually suggest the KDE standard actions "Back" (go_back) and
> "Forward" (go_forward) which are Alt+Left/Right.  That way the bookmarks
> can work again.  Is this ok?
>
> > f4: Next error / toggle block selection
> >         use shift+ctrl+B for block selection in kate

I would have liked CTRL during select for block selection, since many
other editors (on Windows) do that, but CTRL is for word selection.
Since it has to be turned on/off explicitly before/after selection,
almost any key is usable. ctrl+b is for bookmarks in kate, but that
should cause no problems for shift+ctrl+b for block selection

Feel free to change the default shortcuts in the katepart

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger