error start debugger if a shell is set

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Sun Jan 19 19:56:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:55, Thomas Hasart wrote:
> hi,
>
> gdbcontroller.cpp line 1093

>-------------------- if (!shell.isEmpty())
>         *dbgProcess_ << "/bin/sh" << "-c"
>                      << shell + " " +config_gdbPath_ + "gdb " + application
> + " -fullname -nx -quiet";
>     else
>         *dbgProcess_ << config_gdbPath_ + "gdb" << application <<
> "-fullname" << "-nx" << "-quiet";
>---------------------
>

> there is a space missing after "/bin/sh" !!!

dbgProcess is a KProcess. There is no need for a space here as the KProcess
will add one between parameters.

> qmake project default setting for the shell is /usr/bin/libtool ? why??

Don't know

> kde project default setting for the shell is "libtool" without PATH

Interesting. Hmmmm....

> qmake project path to gdb is set correct, kde project path to gdb is not
> set??

There shouldn't be a path set unless the variable config_gdbPath_ is set. This
was a hidden config value that was going to be exposed in the gui when coded.
I forget what the config name is without looking. Don't know why qmake sets
it. BTW this should be a project setting. It is probablly a system setting
currently.

I've not been really looking after this for a while now although I keep
thinking that I will soon. It could do with a bit of looking into I think.
Anybody...?

jbb