valgrinding the Gideon

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Fri Jan 17 15:34:02 UTC 2003

Hi,

Did anybody valgrind the Gideon yet? I've recently found out that it's a real
blessing to do so every once in a while to a code that's still evolving.
Typically that helps get rid of all the crash cases in a couple of days, at
least it did for the 10k lines Qt project I'm working on.

I'm still using the old, tried and trusted 2.1.x tree as it seems to do
everything I ever asked of it. I think that after kde 3.1 release I'll be
back to contributing some stuff to gideon, mainly the cross-platform and
similar stuff that I was very slowly working on.

Happy coding, everybody!

Cheers, Kuba Ober

Hint: For recent distros and complex code, using the latest unstable (1.9.3)
valgrind seems to work better than the "stable" 1.0.4.

Note: kde itself was heavily valground for about 2 months before the 3.0
release, openoffice is now quite valgrind-clean as well.