Gideon & Kate part shortcuts

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at m4x.org
Thu Jan 16 12:59:02 UTC 2003

There are some problems with shortcut between gideon and kate part (cvs of
yesterday, kde 3.1rc6), along with proposed solutions

f12: Dynamic ww / switch header/impl
        IMHO, dynamic ww doesn't need a shortcut. Maybe ask kate people to
remove
this shortcut, or can you remove it when loading the kate part ?

alt + pgup Prev window / prev bookmark
alt + pgdown Next window / next bookmark
        either use shift+ctrl+pgup/pgdown or ask kate to use it.

f4: Next error / toggle block selection
        use shift+ctrl+B for block selection in kate

And I think that it would be nice to assign default shortcuts for some
actions:
Step out: Shift + f6
Step over: f6
Step into: f7
Compile file: f8
Reformat source: ctrl + \ (emacs-like)
Execute program: use f9. The problem here is that kate uses it for "show
folding markers".

Thank you for your work, Gideon will soon be the best IDE I ever used.
--
Sylvain Joyeux