Gideon Alpha 3

Falk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Mon Jan 6 09:57:04 UTC 2003

Victor wrote:
> > Okay, Alpha 3 has been tagged now for a few days, but in light of some
> > errors that crept up I've updated the tag to what is in head as of
> > right now.  The tag is KDEVELOP_3_0_ALPHA_3.  In about 18 hours I'll
> > be waking up and at that point will request Dirk to make the package
> > and put it on ktown. I'll download it and attempt compilation, and if
> > it succeeds I'll let the packagers know it's ready.
Caleb, please take attention to the fact that it's necessary to compile and
link against KDE-3.0 to let it also run on today's Unix distros (KDE versions
< 3.1). Otherwise you'll get unresolved symbols when trying to run Gideon
for instance on SuSE-8.1. For instance, KDevelop-3.0a3-KDE3.0 compiles the
missing KTextEditor interface methods into the program.

> Alpha 3 is released with KDE 3.1?
I suppose it's a separated release.

Ciao
F at lk