Error while giving build->compile

Andrea Bergia andreabergia at yahoo.it
Thu Jan 2 20:24:02 UTC 2003

Alle 13:18, giovedì 2 gennaio 2003, Harald Fernengel ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 01 January 2003 18:55, Andrea Bergia wrote:
> > In fact, i placed /opt/gcc/bin at first places,
> > because I've installed the gcc
> > 3.2 in /opt/gcc, when the old gcc 2.95 is in
> > /usr/bin/gcc. But Gideon
> > overwrite my settings! Why do this happen?
>
> no, gideon does not touch your $PATH. Try starting gideon from exactly the
> same shell that shows you the correct $PATH. It should pick up the right
> settings. Also make sure that Qt is compiled with gcc 3.x otherwise it
> can't be found since gcc 2.x and 3.x produce incompatible C++ libraries.

Of course. I build all KDE from CVS with the gcc 3.2 from about 2 months, and
from console it works well. Only under gideon I receive problems...

> If it still doesn't work, try executing "configure" by hand from the shell
> mentioned above. Does it work?

Yes. It works too on the Konsole part embedded in Gideon. But it doesn't work
if I give build from the menu / toolbar...

--
Andrea Bergia - studente              Linux Registred User #281550
"The one thing we're all waiting for, is peace on Earth and an end to war,