Gideon outputview

Sascha Cunz Milo at NG-Projekt.ORG
Thu Feb 27 19:55:05 UTC 2003

On Thursday 27 February 2003 02:26, F at lk Brettschneider wrote:
> Hi!
> I saw which experience a programmer-novice got about the c++-compiler
> output of KDevelop. He said the information put out there frightens him
> somehow. :) Many pages of cryptic stuff...
> So I upgraded this view a little bit to let things look more simple.
> Default is to have the old settings you're used to. Switch to "Short
> compiler output" etc. via context menu.
>
> What do you think about that? Should that be default (since KDevelop is
> mainly used by those users)?

Hi Falk,
i sometimes get asked the same too. I think it would really be a good idea to
minimize output during build.

Maybe we could make it being switched on the fly. What i mean is: show only
short output (maybe just the files being proccessed) but internally store all
of make's output. This would give you the ability to compile without much
output - and if something goes wrong, you still can show all commands etc.

Sascha