Spam on the list?

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Wed Feb 12 21:58:04 UTC 2003

>> This is sometimes really annoying.
>
>We have already a "spam" protection so only 1/5 of spam are send to the
> list. The problem is that this mailinglist is also the official
> kdevelop-team address, so everybody can post to it.

I have read about a script for poising email-databases created by web
crawlers. They generate a list of invalid and random email addresses. The
name is wpoison and can be found on http://www.monkeys.com/wpoison. This
would not prevent us directly from spam but maybe indirectly because they
have to throw the email lists away. Maybe this could be an option to make
life harder for the spammers.

Jens