questions about class parsing/code completion

Matt Benjamin matt at linuxbox.nu
Tue Feb 11 17:52:04 UTC 2003

I wanted to ask about the intended behavior of the code completion
feature in Kdevelop, in I guess the 3 version.

Everyone must already know the current limitations of the feature, but,
which ones might be resolved for Kdevelop 3?

Some things I think it would be nost helpful for code completion to
handler are:

1. method completions on references:

  element& elem = iter->second;

where iter is a valid STL iterator.  Should be able to do completions on
elem.

2. class parser should recognize template instantiations, including
through a typedef.  If STR_LIST is a typedef for list<std::string>, then
one should be able to do completions on an instance of STR_LIST.

3. class parser should recognize std::string, see 2.

4. parsing of standard library objects like cout would be helpful, too

Matt

--

Matt Benjamin

The Linux Box