New document switching mode (2)

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Tue Feb 11 00:45:07 UTC 2003

Hi Jens!

F at lk Brettschneider wrote:

> Jens Zurheide wrote:
>
>>> This problem is a event race condition. I fixed this already in good
>>> old
>>> KDevelop-2 with a workaround. We just have to port it over...
>>>

>> (Who is "we"? Because "we" tends to become "somebody" or even
>> "nobody" very easily.)
>> [...]
>>
> Currently I'm fixing this.

I fixed that some days ago.

>> Finally, what happens with this patch?
>
> I need time to review it. I hope it can be done this week.

It's done, too!

But I modified your patch and:
- made it compile (by adding some missing includes)
- replaced all STL maps and lists with their alternative of Qt. (STL
isn't supported in all Qt versions and debugging STL sucks ;)
- reformatted the code in the style of their appropriate file
- changed your _replacement_ of the old view-cycle-principle (of Harry)
by your code to just an _addition_ as new alternative cycling method.

Now *cycling through the views in opening-time order* (Harry's approach)
is *Alt+Left/Right* (also in IDEAl UI mode) and *cycling through the
views in access-time order* (Jens' approach, Ctrl+F6 in MSVC) is
*Alt+Up/Down* here.

I hope you like it. ;-)

Read also the commit comment on http://www.kdevelop.org....

Cheers