Adding SnippetPart to KDevelop?

rgruber at users.sourceforge.net rgruber at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 26 21:53:04 UTC 2003

Hi,

the last days I\'ve written a plugin for KDevelop which handles code snippets.
I think this feature can be very useful for doing repeating work like e.g.
writing comments, storing often repeated code or stuff like this.

Features:
* SnippetPart adds a tool-view which by default docs to the right
* Adding, editing and removing of snippets is available via a popup-menu
* Double-clicking a snippet form the list inserts it into to the
  active view at the current cursor position
* Tool tips show the content of a snippet
* Snippets are stored in the users home-directory, so every user can
  have his own snippets
* Snippets can contain variables in the style of $VARNAME$. On using the
  snippet the user is prompted to enter replacement value for the variables

Are you interested in adding SnippetPart to KDevelop?

Greets, Robert

BTW: You can download the recent sourcecode at:
http://kmp3indexer.sourceforge.net/misc/
Just extract this tar-ball into the parts directory and adept
the parts/Makefile.am

BTW: As I was searching if something like snipptes already exists, I found
a whish at bugs.kde.org (No. 42293). This one could be closed if you agree
to add SnippetPart to KDevelop.

---
Robert Gruber